Your Appeal Rights.
How to Launch a Protest Against the IRS Findings
- 1 You can call the supervisor of the IRS employee who made the findings against you and ask to take a meeting or a telephone conference.
- 2 Appeal your case to the Appeals Office.
- 3 You should do something or you are going to get a Formal Notice of Deficiency, but with the deficiency notice you can go to a tax court.
- 4 If you didn't go to the Tax Court you are going to get a bill for the amount due.
- 5 If you don't do something about it then you're getting a bill for a penalty. You can appeal that.